Connection Error while downloading ERA5 daily stats using CDS API

Hi everyone!

I was downloading ERA5 daily stats in the Philippine domain using CDS API using the following script.

script.py

I was able to download data until yesterday, but today, it keeps on returning the following  ConnectionError.

ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='download-0005-clone.copernicus-climate.eu', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /cache-compute-0005/cache/data5/6d94caa1-1dee-49ca-850c-c300db4b5b32.nc (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x00000178C5A99550>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond'))

I was fairly new to CDS API so I was wondering why these error keeps on popping out.

Thank you very much!

Very truly yours,

Henrison

I'm having the same problem.  Hopefully there will ba a response soon.  Best, Mark

I think the problem now has been resolved. I was able to download ERA5 daily stats again this afternoon. 

hi All, 

The CDS was moved to new infrastructure on 23/3/22, which may have impact on users - see:

CDS in testing mode from ECMWF new Data Centre in Bologna - period at risk until further notice

Thanks,

Kevin